Sunday, August 17, 2008

Day 1 of Blogging, Day 3,493,287 of My Journey

How's it going, my people?

So here we are then. I had every intention of starting this Blog on August 1, but gosh darn it, I just plum didn't feel up to it! I tried to do this huge, intricate, and very much complicating layout of what I planned on doing each day and updating with my progress as I did (or didn't) do it. Unfortunately, that lasted a total of one day, and after many attempts thereafter to streamline the "charting" process, I found that it was just too large a pain to deal with. So, against my judgement, I suppose I'm going to proceed with simply writing the blog in paragraph form like everybody else. So much for being original! Mind you, this is a blog...everybody's doing it right now!

After an incredibly disappointing weigh-in, totaling a loss of .8 lbs in the course of two weeks (after very much hard work and determination!), I have decided to move up my rest day from Sunday to Saturday. Yesterday saw a Starbucks beverage in the morning (after having a Starbucks on Friday!) followed by, unfortunately, a certain type of treat in the afternoon. While I am proud of what I've accomplished as far as discipline is concerned, I'm not proud of yesterday. Allow me to explain....

For those of you who have been keeping up with me for awhile, you know that I've managed to cut out some large contributors to my once bad health in an attempt to become a better me. Back in October, I did away with three things: SODA, fast food in gluttonous portions, and pizza. Well, one of those three things were reintroduced to my diet yesterday. Any guesses as to what that was?

PIZZA!!!

Yes, I indulged yesterday in a medium cheese pizza from this wonderfully awesome Italian food joint known as Petrillo's. If you live in California (The San Gabriel Valley) then you may know what I'm talking about. This place is heaven, especially if you're in the mood for pizza. Well, I was, and yes, I feel pretty bad about making that choice. The bad news is that I stopped short by only a couple months of celebrating my one year anniversary free from quite possibly the main food-related reason for my ballooning up to 272 pounds at my heaviest. The good news, and yes, there is some, I didn't quite care for it! Mind you, this could count as the bad news as well, but I really didn't have the delicious experience that I was hoping for. The pizza smelled good enough, the consistency was spot on, but the taste isn't what I remember it to be. The oils seemed to really pop, which was unpleasant, and after only a few pieces I was already feeling full. I haven't felt full from anything in a long time, nor have I really experienced hunger, so to go from eating uber healthy to eating nothing but a Starbucks and some pizza, you can imagine how uncomfortable I felt and still do feel.

Can we put this behind us now? I just want to forget about yesterday. Today is a new day and I want to get back into the swing of it, whether I lose weight or not!

You might be wondering..."what does Josh have on the agenda for today?" My friend, I am here to tell you precisely that!

On the agenda for this hopefully wonderful Sunday, I plan on waking up several hours from now (why am I still awake?) at 8 am, slapping on some loose clothes, getting in a good stretch, and hitting the ol' home gym for a no doubt killer lower body workout (jump squats included!). After a day of carefully monitored clean eating at about 1800 calories, I will then finish off the day with an invigorating 4 mile run at 8 pm. Hopefully I'll have enough time after the run for a little cat nap before going to work at midnight!

I'll be back every day with an update on the previous day's progress as far as whether I've completed my workouts and how many calories I've consumed, in conjunction of course with my planned physical activities for that day. In the meantime, I hope you've enjoyed this little distraction and keep yourself busy with my vlog channel over at YouTube.

Have a great Sunday everybody, and thanks for tuning in!


-TripleQ

1 comment:

p90xparry said...

TripleQ, please update your blog!