Sunday, August 31, 2008

Yawn and Stretch, Stretch and Yawn...I Like Sleeping!

Good beautiful Sunday, everybody!

I woke up at 1:00 pm today after having enjoyed a 13 hour sleep. I neglected to sleep all day Saturday after getting home from work in the morning, which meant I was primed and ready to fall asleep at night. I pushed myself to stay awake to watch Jumper -- freakin' awesome movie, by the way! -- but come midnight, I was dead asleep.

Suffice it to say I didn't go for my run this morning, but considering that I received the news that I have tonight off, I am sooooo going running tomorrow morning. I figure I will try to do some cardio on the ol' tready followed up with a descent upper body workout tonight, get to bed after a mere 10 hours of being awake, and then wake up bright and early before the dawn breaks tomorrow.

As for days prior, I have continued on with this working out thing and gotten in several cardio workouts, including a 40 minute session on the tready at 3.5 mph, a 10% incline, and a 20 lb. weight vest. It seems that, for the moment anyway, an uphill climb on the treadmill is the most my shins can take. I'm working on strengthening them so I can handle my running sessions, otherwise they'd be killing me every time I made the attempt. Tomorrow morning will either bring me great delight or great pain, for when I get a shin splint, I get the worst shin splint possible.

My diet has been spot on for the most part, though I'm not pleased with my energy levels. Even though I've upped my calories, it seems as though I'm not getting the proper levels of my macro nutrients that I'm supposed to be. I'm dying to see a nutritionist who specializes in vegetarian diets, but I don't think I'm that desperate yet. This coming week of further "tweeking" my diet will tell of either success or failure, so keep reading.

I'm telling you, I hope this decision of mine to keep the scale locked away is a good one. I really do think that I do better without weighing in, but just like the running and the dieting, only time will tell if it's the right thing for me. Here's hoping!

I guess that's all I have to say for the time being. There isn't much going on in my life right now, though I can say that I'm reserving a segment of this weeks video for a little something special...it seems Santa Claus came early this year. Until then though, I'm just going to keep doing what I do best...searching for the answers.

Have a great Sunday everybody, and have a fun and safe Labor Day! Thanks for reading...all y'all rock!

Much Love!


-TripleQ

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like things are going well, Josh...as long as you bring it and bring it hard with the cardio and other workout routines today! Glad to see you are in good spirits, rocking and rolling, and making changes!

TripleQ said...

Thanks for the comment, bud!

Yeah, things are alright. I'm going to hit the weights for sure in about an hour, which will hopefully serve as a cap on another successful day. I usually wind up with the munchies after a good workout, especially late at night. No worries though.

I can't believe that I totally forgot to thank you for sending me your running routine!

Thank you.

From the looks of it, it's definitely a well-structured program that seems easy enough to follow. I printed out the chart and I'm going to make use of it. Tomorrow's run sounds like a good enough time!

I hope you've enjoyed your day. Sleep tight, Anthony!

Heather said...

wow! treadmill with a 20 pound vest? Hard core! Have you implemented your portable DVD player yet? If so what are you watching? I like to watch TV series while working out.

TripleQ said...

Hey Sparks!

Yes, I did impliment the portable DVD player strategy. It's amazing how quickly the time flew! I usually listen to music while I'm sweatin' it out in the garage, but now....

Unfortunately, I only have one series to watch on DVD. Naturally, it's a Star Trek series. :-) I am limited to what I can watch for 40-45 minutes time, but I have an extensive selection of DVDs to choose from. I was fortunate enough to have watched half a movie -- "Gotham Knight" -- the night previous to the treadmill workout, so I was able to finish that movie while exercising.

Ooh, wait...I also have Entourage on DVD! That'll be the perfect thing to watch when working out!

Okay, I'm set for a month now!

Again, thanks for giving me the idea, and thank you very much for reading my blog!

Have a great one!