Monday, September 1, 2008

A Man, His Gas, and a Milk Jug

Holy cow!

Today is Monday, which means that yesterday was Sunday, which means that by typing up this blog right now, and having typed one up yesterday, I am officially updating my blog two days in a row!

Who'da thunk it?

So yes, today is still Monday, and I am taking this sweaty opportunity to update my blog. Why? Because I knew I wouldn't do it after my shower. That's right...I'm sitting in my workout clothes, sweaty, stinkin', and feeling freakin' great. Before I go into detail about why I'm feeling great, let me talk about this problem I've been having today.

I'd like to talk to you about gas.

Yes, I know what those of you who watch my videos are thinking..."doesn't he always have gas?" You know what though? I don't always have gas. In fact, when I do, it's usually short lived. Today however, my goodness, I was farting up a storm all day long! Every other step I took, I swear to you another toot managed to escape from the confines of my butt cheeks! Every jump, every turn, ever plop onto the couch...TOOT!

I've been reflecting on what I ate that may have contributed to this rather irritating condition, but in the end, I came up empty. My diet isn't all too different from usual, and in fact has contained less fiber in the past few days than usual (which could explain the rather strong odor...tee hee). Without an explanation, there's no way I can anticipate when I'll have another day like today. Hopefully though, I won't be caught in a situation anytime soon where I'm in a crowd of people and I'm unable to hush up my butt!

Enough about gas though, let's talk about my milk jug.

"What's that you say? A milk jug?" Yup, my good ol' milk jug. You see, there is one thing I strive for after each upper body workout. When my workout is over and done with and it's time for me to load up on some good for ya protein, I break out all the ingredients and open the fridge to grab the milk. What I look for when I grab said milk is a feeling of complete and utter fatigue. I want to feel as though I'm not strong enough to lift even a jug of milk to make my protein drink. Then and only then do I feel as though I've worked my muscles hard enough to be satisfied with the hour I just took out of my life.

The same goes for lower body workouts as well. No, I don't lift a milk jug with my legs to make my protein drink, but I do strive for that fatigued feeling when lifting myself up the single stair from the garage floor to the hallway floor. Although only six inches in height, I know I've accomplished a great lower body workout if my legs feel super weak when I lift myself up that single step.

In case you couldn't tell, I just finished an upper body workout, one that I'm proud to say was rather awesome on account of my near inability to lift my milk jug. There was the slight distraction of having to fart every ten seconds when in the middle of a repetition, but I worked through it by concentrating on my breathing instead. I have a habit of trying to hold back my gaseous tendencies, but since I was in the middle of something, I just relaxed and let it all out. I've got to say, though the gas itself was rather irritating, I did enjoy the comfort of just letting it go for a change. Let's not forget the empty feeling after a nice fart...when I feel as though I can walk, run, jump, or plop with confidence, then I'm in a good mood!

Anywho, so I am super glad that I got in this workout, especially since I didn't think I was going to on account of having to work tonight (in about an hours time!). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get in a cardio workout what with having a handful of chores to do today, but I sense the urge to jump on the ol' tready as soon as I get home in the morning. Until then, kiddies, it's time for Unky Josh to go take a shower, rinse all of this sweat/smell from his over-worked body, and then head off to work. You, on the other hand, are lucky enough to get to sleep.

Yes, I'm jealous.

I hope all of you had a great three day weekend and have an even better week ahead!

Much Love!


-TripleQ

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Two days in a row!

I just had a question...what do you do for your workouts, all around? Each week, what do you do?

Unknown said...

LOL This is so funny, Josh. I work nights too. In fact it is 5 am right now & I've only got 2 more hours. Yipee. You're totally cracking me up with the gas business.

TripleQ said...

Brad,

I am mildly intolerant of most foods. Dairy, veggies, fruits, nuts & seeds...I react differently to each food, some worse than others. As per your question, I've consumed dairy products in far greater quantities before, yet never has my body reacted by producing such great quantities of gas.

TripleQ said...

Yeah, I was pretty stoked about posting two days in a row. A shame I didn't stick with it.

I appreciate your inquiry, but I'm afraid that data is top secret.

No, really...it is.

However, I suppose your awesomeness is great enough to grant you clearance to such information.

I'm afraid I'm going to type up a storm in spelling my routine out for you, so I'm going to opt to send it to you via e-mail rather than post it here.

TripleQ said...

Hey KT,

Doesn't working nights suck monkey butt? What do you do in the wee hours of the night/morning?

Gas...it's never a dull subject. Not to me, anyway. I'm glad I could entertain you with the goings on of my digestive tract!

Heather said...

Sounds like you work really hard on your workouts! :)

Anonymous said...

ohhh seesh lol