Sunday, September 7, 2008

Anybody Up For A Power Block?

Happy Sunday evening to you!

Alright, I've got to make this as quick as humanly possible, which will be most challenging due to my most amazing ability to type 'til the cows come home. I'm already 4 minutes late for work (in super early today = out super early tomorrow!) which means that I absolutely must leave in 16 minutes. That's "Josh Time" for you!

Today marks the end of a very weak week and a most laxidaisy weekend. I thought not of working too hard during the week and believed that a weekend off would do me some good. Of course, I didn't really think this thing through, which means that I may very well be killing myself in this next week of rigorous workouts. That's right, I'm going at it full steam...this time not half-arsed!

It's time for a Power Block.

What's a Power Block, you ask? Simple. I've designed a three week routine that is meant to torture my very musculature, incorporating a little muscle confusion, varying exercises, differing workout days, and increased weights. Each week is different; Week 1 provides the base, working with weights six days straight, allowing the muscles to feel and adapt to the pain. Week 2 provides the teaser, compounding all exercises in a single day for three days of the week, throwing the body out of line and forcing it to readapt. Week three will provide the cap, splitting the exercises over the course of five continuous days, each day a different set of exercising in a Power Set routine. This is where the muscles get hit hard unable to adapt to yet another changing week and experiencing the most strenuous workout yet.

During this three week Power Block, I will incorporate a different cardio routine for each day, Monday through Saturday. Whatever the cardio will be, it will span upwards of 90 minutes and take place at least 12 hours after the weight training to prevent fatigue and conserve energy.

I'm slightly nervous about doing this, but I'm hoping it makes for a good primer for what's coming up afterwards. Fingers crossed!

That's all for now, folks. Thanks for checking in and have a great evening/morning/afternoon!

Much Love!


-TripleQ

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds interesting.. i'm curious to see what happens :-) good luck Josh!

Brad said...

I will redouble my efforts as well. I am not easy. I will not be defeated. I WILL UNLEASH THE FURY!!

TripleQ said...

Thanks for the luck, my barefoot friend. As for what happens, I too am most curious!

TripleQ said...

Bradly, nothing you say or do could possibly intimidate me. EVER!

Besides, I doubt there's much fury lying dormant within that frail body and weak will of yours. But hey, what you lack in ferocity, you make up for in imagination.

Keep the dreams going, buddy...they're all you'll have to kling onto once I'm through with you!

:)

Heather said...

I love the you wrote this while you were already late for work. Hilarious!